It's snowing outside right now. It looks so prettty, but that is only because I don't have to go anywhere today. Price's school is cancelled and we are staying in. I should probably go shovel, but I think I'll wait until it stops snowing and until Jeremy comes home. I'd hate to deny him the pleasure of shoveling the driveway.
I have always intended for this blog to be a journal/photo album. I had heard about websites that would print and bind your blog into a book. I was looking a few weeks ago and found blurb.com. I was able to put all of last year's posts into a book. It was pretty easy to use too. I could have made it a lot more fancy with different fonts and backgrounds, etc. But I just kept it simple. It reminded me a lot of shutterbug that I used to make a photobook last year. Both let you decided the layout of each page and you just drag pictures to add them to a page. So with only a few hours effort I made a book of 2009 for us to look back and remember. I've always wanted to be better at journaling, but I just never find the time. But for some reason I can find the time to blog, go figure. So now for less than $40 (that's for a softcover) I have a photo album and journal of our lives for 2009.
I was chatting with my sister the other day, wishing I was living in Arizona with her and the nice weather, when she reminded me of a funny story. Thank goodness for other people and their memories because I forget things all the time (yet another reason to keep up my blog). Anyway I was home visiting my parents (I think this was the summer of '03 for Kylee's wedding). I hear my dad yelling from the other room for me to hurry and come quick. I thought something bad was happening so I hurried and ran into his room to find him watching 'Oprah'. They were doing male makeovers that day and apparently my dad was just blown away by them and how much better the guys looked. He was laughing and in total amazement. I just had to laugh at him because that is just like my dad. He always surprises me with the funny things he does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
That's a funny story! I'm hoping one day I'll be able to get mine into a book....but I think mine are going to end up being more expensive..whatever site I looked at put it at $80....maybe I should look at blurb. Stay warm!!! :)
I've always wanted to do Blurb too but feel overwhelmed by it all and instead just "wait"...procrastinate.
Post a Comment