Today I am very grateful for Lost and Founds. Chances are if there is one around that we have something of ours in it. Today's lost item was the diaper bag. We left it at the mall last week and I only made it back there today to retrieve it. Luckily it was still there after a week and a half. While the regular bag was missing I had to use my back up one and it had been awhile since it had been used. It was full of sunscreen and chapstick. Back from when we used to make our daily trek to the splash pad. Ahh, I miss those lazy summer days. Hopefully they will return soon.
I like to think of myself as "quirky". Otherwise I may be considered weird or crazy, as is evidenced by my ability to lose things. But this latest story sure takes the cake. Backstory first, whenever I call my parent's our number comes up on caller id as a Waterloo number so when my dad answers he says "Waterloo, Iowa". So that's kind of our joke everytime I call. So the other day during dinner my cellphone rings and the only people who ever call my cell are Jeremy, my parents, and my sister Kristin. So when I looked at the caller id it said "Utah" and I thought it was my mom or dad. I answered and said "Hello, Utah". But of course it wasn't my parents or even another relative for that matter. It was this new lady in my ward that had just moved from Utah. I'm sure she thought I was the biggest nut job ever. But then I explained to her that I thought she was my parents and she had a good laugh. I forgot that I had called her earlier on my cellphone so she was just calling me back. Hopefully I brighened her day and brought a smile to her face with my "quirkiness".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
haha I'm sure you did :) You're not crazy. Believe me...I think I've got crazy down.
Post a Comment