After having no school for the past two days, it was back to our regular schedule today. Which is actually kind of nice, it gets us out and about doing things. So we dropped off Price and headed out to run errands. Since we've been having so much ice lately I hadn't gone to get groceries this week, so we braved the weather and off we went. I meant to go last night, but there was a Burn Notice marathon on and I chose to watch that instead. Actually the roads are fine, it's our driveway that is a mess. I have no desire to go out and chip all the ice off of it, so it'll stay there until spring.
I ran to the post office and saw this lady there that had the weirdest things on her shoes. They were like bungee cords that went on the outside of her shoe, but then was something metal (didn't get too close a look) that helped with traction. Very interesting, I don't think I would ever wear them but they seemed like the perfect thing for when there is an ice storm. But I guess at her age it was either wear the weird shoe things or break a hip.
Price has monthly "homework" assignments that we have to help him with. This month's was to make up a story called 'My Melting Snowman'. The instructions are that I am to write down EXACTLY what he says. Well for anyone who has a 4-year old this can be interesting. So the following is Price's story (in is own words).
My Melting Snowman
Once there was a big boy named Price and a little sister named Brynlee. They went outside to make a snowman. We knocked it down and made snow angels too. We went sledding, but Brynlee didn't go sledding just her brother named Price. And the snowman melted. I love Bryn. I like to eat snacks. I like to stay up for bedtime. I like to stay up for naps and have a snack. I like to eat dinner. I like to go to school and eat breakfast and lunch.
I'm sure thats A+ work right there. He's definitely on his way to a career in literature.
Other than that not much is going on. Just the usual with the swimsuit wearing, tantrum throwing 2-year old, the almost rolling over, cute as a bug baby and two frazzled, exhausted parents.
I did see a good recipe on the Food Network the other day. Jeremy makes fun of me for watching it so much, but he never seems to complain when he's eating yummy dinners. This one is from Tyler's Ultimate. He made the best looking grilled cheese sandwiches. He put bacon (already cooked), green apples and cheese. I made them a few weeks ago and they were so good! It's something different, almost like a panini. I love warm, comfort foods on cold, wet nights like this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Price's story is sweet and heart felt. Wish I'd documented more at that age.
The shoes are ice cleats. There are also other names and gobs of makes and models available. I got some more for Haldan at Gander Mtn. When working on our driveway they are sometimes a must. Not sure I'd be truckin around town in them. Not super cute.
Glad to hear things are well.
Post a Comment