Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year!

We've had a very uneventful New Year here at the Hodson home. Which has been quite nice, actually. We've just hung out and tried to stay warm from all this cold weather. I keep telling Jeremy that he needs to be looking for a job in a warmer location. But I doubt that will happen. We like it here and Iowa has been so good to us, so far. Just these frigid temps to have to deal with.
For Christmas we got a DVD we already had so I went to exchange it for this:

as if you did't get enough of Jillian yelling on The Biggest Loser, now you can work out to your own DVD and have her yell at you. NO, she doesn't really yell, but she does push you and this workout is killer. I love it though because it's only 20 minutes, there are three different levels and it totally fits into my schedule. I've only made it to level 2 and it's killer. So hopefully the promise is true and in 30 days I'll be "shredded".

On New Year's eve we did our tradition of having shrimp with cocktail sauce, one of my and Jer's faves. Little did we know how much Bryn would love it. She was downing the shrimp like no other. But she loves meat in general. On Christmas Eve she couldn't get enough roast and she even liked the prime rib on Christmas day. After Price it's very refreshing to have a kid that is not a picky eater. But boy is she stubborn in other ways.

Brynlee has no desire to be potty trained. She's not even 2 1/2 yet so that is understandable. But what really gets me is that when she poops she will go and hide and will not let me change her diaper. When I do finally catch her she wriggles around and I literally have to have someone to help hold her down just so I can change her. She has a sore bum from not letting me change her right away and she seems to care less. It is just so frustrating. As I was telling this to my dad the other day he just laughed and asked if it reminded me of anyone I knew. And yes, it did. I was not the easiest kid to potty train so I guess this is what I get. Why couldn't she have inherited some other quality instead of this attitude toward potty training. Goal for 2010, to have only 1 kid in diapers. Hopefully this happens before December too!

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

okay so youre going to have to let me know if the shredded video works. I need some extra help other than the gym. :) Sorry about the potty training woes. Potty training is hard and I hate it (i know that's a strong word) but it always seems that personalities clash and brings so much tension into the home when one is potty training....it's so stressful--just make sure you have plenty of chocolate on hand for you...although I guess that would make it so you have to work out more...hmm....may have to rethink the "stress reliever".