Monday, January 11, 2010

Heat Wave

We survived this weekend of cold weather. Hopefully it'll warm up this week. By warm up I mean into the 20s, but with what we've been having lately that could be considered a heat wave.
Now it is Monday and back to real life. I've been too spoiled this weekend with Jeremy around. I got to sleep in both days so to have to get up this mornig was hard. Plus Kylee has been waking up in the night again. It must be something in the air because all the kids have been eating like crazy. They are like a pack of wolves and just can't get enough food. What are we going to do when they are all teenagers?
Price has been such a big help with Kylee lately. He loves to hold her. It's ususally not the most gentle of holds, but his intentions are good. Luckily she's patient and puts up with being slightly manhandled.

On Saturday Kylee started "talking". She now just jabbers all the time. It's so cute.
Brynlee let me do her hair yesterday and then this morning too. She looks so cute. As I was looking at her I realized that she looks like a Fraggle. I sure loved that show when I was little. Hopefully I can contiue winning the hair battle this week and she will keep letting me comb it for her.


With church being at 1pm I am all about using the crock pot for dinner. We have a rotation of meals that we use such has chili, roast and this chicken recipe. It is so good. I got it from my sister Kristin. I love any recipe that you can throw all the things in and in a few hours you'll have a great meal. Plus it includes cream cheese; I really could write a cookbook with recipes that include it. But anyway, here it is.

4-6 chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 packet Italian dressing mix
Put in crockpot on low and cook 5 to 6 hours. I like to shred the chicken up when it is done, but it you like the breast whole it's still good that way too. The dilemma we seem to have is whether to put it over rice or mashed potatoes. I vote rice, Jeremy is for potatoes. Both are good.

I have another recipe that will use the other 1/2 of the Italian dressing mix. I'll have to post that another day.

Price has been saying the funniest prayers lately. He thanks Heavenly Father for Santa and then asks that Santa can bring him a whole long list of things. Poor kid has another 11 months to wait for that.

No comments: