Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oops, she did it again

Don't let this sweet face fool you, she is full of mischief. I have a feeling her tenure at our house is going to be full of excitement and drama.

I was making dinner, enjoying my day (loving 1:00 church, by the way) when Brynlee started whining about her nose hurting. She had her finger shoved up there so I thought that was the problem. When she kept on about it I went to see if there was a scab in there or if it was bleeding, but I couldn't see anything. By now she was starting to cry about how much it hurt her. I kept looking up there, but couldn't see anything. Finally she said "eye, eye" so I knew that something must be up there. I looked with a flashlight and couldn't find it. So I closed her other nostril and had her blow. Out came a little googily eye. Those kind used in craft projects. I think I would have tried just about anything to get it out before going to the ENT again. I don't know why she has the obsession of sticking things up there.
Then at dinner the kids have added another word to our growing list of "Hodson family naughty words". Until now the list has consisted of 'stupid' and 'shoot people' (long story but comes down to not pointing play guns at people). The newest addition would be 'butthead'. I don't know where they get these things, but I new this one would inevitably be added to the list. Price called Brynlee 'butthead' so we had a talk about nice words and listed some (like please, thank you and I love you). Brynlee being the girl that she is kept saying "butthead, butthead, butthead". So I threatened to wash out her mouth with soap so she changed her song to "nice words, nice words, nice words". I just have to laugh at her otherwise she might drive me crazy. But she is so loving and sweet and loves to give kisses. I wish that side came out a little more often.

Other than that life is good here. Kylee is starting to sleep through the night and I'm feeling not so groggy.

For Christmas I got some "alone time". A little weird to get as a present, but after all of Jer's travelling I just needed some me time. So yesterday I cashed some of that in and went and saw "The Blind Side". So good! It is one of the few movies that is way better than the trailer made it look. I can't wait to see it again with Jer. I didn't cry (almost) but I highly recommend it. I vowed I will no longer complain about Jeremy and his willingness to help any and everyone that he meets.

Now if anyone in a warmer climate would like to host me while I take a small sabatical from Iowa and its frigid winter I will willingly come. But Jer says I have to bring the kids with me so it's almost like a three ring circus. But there's never a dull moment with us!

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

We'll take you all! Although, I'm not sure that's its so much warmer here...sorry! But we LOVE having visitors :D

Hall Family said...

If it's any help...we don't have any snow...we may get a bunch at a time, but it melts.

Rand and Tracy said...

I'd host you.....it's 2 degrees right now. Maybe I will come visit you.....it has be to warmer than this. I would love to invite myself for a visit but I am now paranoid about flying and that someone will try to light my plane on fire. They will just let everyone and anyone on a plane these days!