Apparently Bob Villa is not coming to our house anytime soon to do those little fix it projects we need to get done. So I've take matters into my own hands. When we moved in 2 1/2 years ago I wanted a shelf in the girls' room so I can store more in their closet. Jeremy willing went and got the stuff and installed it. But the screws were not put into the studs and soon began to pull out and shelf started to sag. It's one of those things we've been meaning to fix, but never got around to it. Finally today I got around to it. I put in the dry wall anchors and then put in the screws and voila it's all back to normal. Now I can finally put stuff on this shelf without it sliding off and hitting me in the head.

Next project paint trim in living room and hall. I'm going to go get the paint tomorrow, but who knows when that will get done. Also on the list is to figure out how to get songs from itunes to my mp3 player.
It was a monumental day at our house yesterday. Kylee started eating rice cereal for the first time. Yeah! Another big step and one closer to me having not to breast feed anymore. Wahoo! I don't mind it, but I just get sick of planning my outfits around feeding her. But I do like that it makes me slow down and just hold her. But pretty soon she'll be crawling and I won't be able to catch her.

Price was the photographer on this one. He also took some interesting ones of the wall and the door.
2 comments:
Bravo. Who needs men? Actually I'm totally kidding 'cause I'd be lost if it weren't for Haldan's ingenuity. When he was out to sea one time I attempted to put up a shelf by myself and ended up with a hole the size of my fist in that wall. Oops.
On another note, not sure itunes and mp3s are compatible. Haldan always used rhapsody with his mp3. It's sorta like itunes and we're learning that most of those songs won't transfer over to itunes. If you have cds you can download them to your mp3.
Way to go on hanging the shelf. I'm not brave enough to try something like that. Thankfully, Andy chips in when I ask him to.
I feel special that you thought about me while painting.
Post a Comment