Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nauvoo

We picked Jeremy up from the airport on Friday and drove down to spend the night in Burlington. Because of Jer's travelling all the time he gets lots of reward points so we can stay for free and go down to the temple. Jeremy took the older two swimming while I went to the store. In my hurry to leave I forgot to bring a bottle, luckily we got another at Wal-mart.
It was a wild night at the hotel with 3 kids, but we somehow survived and drove down to Nauvoo the next morning.
I went to the temple first while Jer entertained the kids. They played at the park and got some Root Beer and waited until I was done. Then while Jeremy went I took the kids to 'Pioneer Pasttimes'. This has to be our favorite thing to do in Nauvoo; that and going to see "Anna Amanda".
This was the first time Brynlee would dress up. She had a great time riding the sheep and playing in the house.

Price riding the horse. I thought he would ride this more, but he was more interested in the games.

Such cute girls. If I could zoom out you would see Kylee riding the sheep. I didn't trust Bryn to hold her so that's why it's so up close.

Price loved all the pioneer games. He was a little wild with them, but he slowing got the hang of it. His favorite where the table bowling and racing the bear up the rope.

Brynlee played for a long time in the cabin. She was cooking and playing house, her favorite things to do.

We also went to the visitor center so Brynlee could see the "girl missionaries" and so we could see the Joseph Smith statues. Then we went and saw the horses that pull the wagon rides. Price got right up there and would pet their noses; Brynlee only got close since I was holding her.

We picked Jeremy up and had lunch back in Burlington then came home and got all the other stuff we needed to get done on Saturday. Although I think he had a better deal by mowing the lawn. I was inside with cranky, hungry kids trying to get laundy done and cook dinner. I think I would have enjoyed the alone time even if it meant mowing the lawn. Thankfully this is a long weekend and we have one more "stay at home day" as Price calls them.

No comments: