Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy Saturday

Another busy Saturday. But a great one none the less.

1-Jeremy made it home! His flight got in at about 9 last night. Price was so out of it that they didn't go camping last night. They instead went this morning and had breakfast and played. Price loved it; he came home covered in dirt so it must have been a successful outing.
Just wish Jer was going to be home longer. He leaves again tomorrow afternoon. Gearing myself up for another week alone.

2-Peace and quiet. This morning was so nice. The boys were gone and we had some great girl time. We ate cinnamon rolls, painted finger nails and watched 'The Princess and the Frog'. No whining, no screeching, just fun. The boys in this family tend to like to tease which makes some of us girls a little crazy. So with them gone we had a relaxing morning.

3-Naps! Ok, so it wasn't a real nap, but it was a few minutes of quiet in my room. There were only a few interruptions. Apparently the kids have to get my ok to have treats, dad's yes isn't enough. Plus with Jeremy mowing the lawn outside the window it wasn't exactly THAT quiet. Anyway, nice just to be alone for a little while.

4-Weddings. We went to a wedding at an old church out in the middle of nowhere. I was really touched by what the bride said. She was talking about how the groom has brought a twinkle to her eye. And how he can look at his ring as a symbol of her love but when it gets old, dull and scratched he can still look her in the eye and see the twinkle there. I can't say it as good as she can, but it was really well said.

5-Floss picks. Those little plastic things with floss on them. I love these! They get me to floss everyday. Just sit watching TV working on my oral hygiene. Genius whoever invented these. I would rarely floss with out them. Just a little bright spot in my day.

2 comments:

alicia said...

I have a visual now of you sitting and flossing. See, haldan loves those darn things too. They make him look like an old man. I can't get them between my teeth. Too tight I guess. Glad Jer came home for a day. Bummer it can't be longer. I do understand spouse being gone for long periods of time. That blows with kids.

lynnie said...

We have found you have to get a particular brand. I bought some and the floss was too thick (felt I was going to yank out a tooth with them). But Jeremy got some and they are perfect. I'll have to check out which brand they are.