Why do I look forward to the weekend so much? Saturdays are always so crazy busy. I guess it's because Jeremy is here so at least I have someone to help with the craziness. But I do love Sundays. It's nice to be able to relax and enjoy being with the fam.
On Thursday me and the girls were able to go to Price's school and have lunch with him. It was the 'Preschool Grill Out'. The final parent/child activity for the year. It's fun to be able to see Price around his school friends. I had to laugh though. They had chocolate milk for lunch and Price hates it (probably the only kid in America who does). So whenever they have chocolate milk one of his teachers will go back into the school and get him a white milk. What luxury! What a spoiled kid; but I am glad he has such great teachers. We brought Cheet-Os with us and on the way out Price made sure to take the rest of the bag home. It must be genetic; Grandma Price loves her Cheet-Os too.
Thursday night was Relief Society. We learned to make all sorts of cute things out of old t-shirts. I made some flowers to go on headbands for the girls and a bag. I'll have to finish the headbands and post a pic, they turned out pretty cute. Plus it's just fun to be able to hang out with the ward ladies and chat. Always a great time.
This next story will just prove how white trash we are, but one of our favorite things is the Fairfax city wide garage sale. We go every year and we always seem to find great stuff. We weren't really looking for too much this year, but I did get some cute Halloween costumes for the girls and some clothes for Price. It's nice to be able to go to one neighborhood and hit a ton of sales. Thankfully Jeremy was patient during all my rummaging; it's probably because he's so cheap and he knows how much this saves us. Although I did think how weird it is to be going through people's crap trying to find something I wanted. However thought of this weird tradition?
Then we did yard work, got some stuff for our food storage and finally ended the night roasting some s'mores. We had an interesting conversation with a friend who said a s'more MUST include: Hershey's chocolate, HoneyMaid graham crackers and Jet Puffed marshmallows. But when tested in a blind taste test he liked the Aldi graham crackers better. He did manage to pick out the name brand marshmallow. Hopefully we debunked some of his brand bias.
Now hopefully we can enjoy today and be able to relax a little.
It's been so fun to watch Price and Brynlee and their personalities as they are growing. Brynlee is such a nuturer. I was laying on the floor yesterday watching TV and she goes and gets me a blanket and covers me up. She loves to help fold clothes and whenever I'm cooking she likes to come and watch. It's funny that she is interested in those kinds of things. Oh, and she loves to Swiffer too. Price on the other hand is off in his own imaginary world of superheroes and knights. He is usually dressed up in some sort of costume off playing. Which includes him having a rope and tying things up. He loves to be off and playing and could care less about what's going on in the house.
And little Kylee is crawling like crazy (still army style). It's so cute how she uses her feet to push her along. And of course she is in to everything and everything goes in her mouth. And she is so happy and smiley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment