Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Secret Santa

Every year we try to do a little Secret Santa for someone. We might choose one family and do presents and Christmas dinner or, like this year, we choose a few people and do food for them. This year we chose 2 families and gave them stuff for Christmas dinner and Jeremy also got one of the Young Men in the ward some Under Armor clothes that he'd been wanting. Anyway, I bought the stuff last Saturday, but yesterday while Price was at school I wrapped boxes and organized all the stuff so we'd be ready to go when Jeremy got home from work. In the afternoon while Kylee was napping I decided to rest for a little while. With Kylee still getting up every 4 hours I'm exhausted most of the time. So while I'm resting I can hear Price and Brynlee in the kitchen planning something. I just caught snippets of what was being said. All I heard was "surprise" and "mom". So I finally got up and went to investigate. When I walked into the kitchen they both yelled "Surprise!". I saw that they had taken all the food I had organized and tried to put it back in the fridge and cupboards. They were so proud of themselves for trying to be helpful that I couldn't be mad. I just had to laugh, it was so cute even if it did cause me more work.
Later that night we went and delivered them. Jeremy puts them on their doorstep and I drive the getaway car. It has been a fun tradition that we hope to continue. The kids of course fell asleep about 10 minutes into our driving so maybe next year they can stay awake a little better.
All the presents are wrapped, the treats are made and delivered. We are officially ready for Christmas. Now if only the cleaning fairy would come and wash the kitchen floor then I could really just do nothing.
I posted this on Facebook, but I wanted to remember this. Price made the funniest comment yesterday. He told me that he had so much to get done before Christmas. I asked him like what? (I mean he's only 4, what could he possibly have to get done) So he starts naming things like marking off the day on our countdown calendar, opening presents, going to the store (he's discovered that his money in is wallet will buy candy so now he always wants to go to the store). Such a busy little boy. I guess this means I just need to slow down because he's probably getting these crazy ideas from me.

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

I like your idea of Secret Santa! I wish we could do that...maybe we can next year....I love that the kids helped you out!! So cute ;) And I love how Price thinks...I agree, I need to slow down too!