Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy Week

It sure has been a busy week here. For some reason I got the idea that I needed to get everything for Christmas done this week. I tried to tell myself that I still have this week and part of next to get stuff done, but I just wouldn't listen. So this week has been a little crazy trying to get my to do list accomplished. Then this afternoon at the mall my kids reminded me that I need to relax and enjoy myself. They were playing on the toys and yelling "Merry Christmas" at the top of their lungs. As usual we were quite the sight, but it reminded me how much I love this time of year, but I just need to slow down and enjoy it.

I gave this sweatshirt to my sister when her oldest was born (he turned 10 just a few months ago). All 3 of her kids wore it and then she gave it to me for my kids to wear. It comes in handy in these cold Iowa winters. It's fun to be able to see all 6 kids wearing it. I'll have to find pics of all of them.

On Monday night at Price's school they had a Family Night for the kids in his class. They had all different crafts for the kids to make, they had such a fun time. They made these cute reindeer antler hats. They also got to make marshmallow snowmen, reindeer food, a Rudolph sandwich and a cute little mouse with a candy cane tail. We had a great time and Jeremy actually was with us this time!

Since we had the thing at Price's school on Monday we did our FHE from Gma Price on Sunday night. She sent us candy to make trains. They were so cute, but of course the kids wanted to eat them as soon as we made them. I put them up on a high shelf so hopefully they will last until next week.


I think I've said it before that Jer's mom (ok, I know Jami is part of it too) sends THE BEST care packages and this week she didn't disappoint. I guess when she was here in November she was taking notes because she sent all this stuff that I mentioned wanting. She sent a HUGE thing of Stephen's Gourmet Cocoa and Wassail (so good), a little nativity that the kids can play with (we've already had to glue on a wiseman's head) and other cute things and treats. So thank you so much Hodson family, we loved it! There are some perks to living far away after all.

Yesterday I spent the morning with the rest of the Primary presidency assembling Christmas ornaments to give the primary kids this Sunday. Next's year's theme is something about Jesus (I know, I should know it better) so we put a little baby Jesus inside a clear ornament with some rafia in the bottom. They turned out pretty cute, hopefully the kids like them.

Today I took the kids to see Santa and it only took us 3 tries to get there. The first time we got to the mall parking lot and Price starts crying hysterically saying that he needs his Santa hat. I was in a giving mood and drove ALL the way home to fetch it. The 2nd time we went, but Santa was on a lunch break. So we braved the crowds at Wal-mart and picked up the last few things I need to finish making presents for teachers and such. Finally the third time was a charm and we got to see Santa. While we were taking off coats and hats Brynlee keeps saying "hi Santa, hi Santa", but as soon as she is close to him she wouldn't say a word. Price said he wanted a book and a candy cane, Bryn was too shy to talk. I just love the Santa that we go see, he has a real beard and is just so cute. I sure hope he lasts!

So now that I am done with shopping, cooking and stressing out I hope that I can finally enjoy this next week and realize that the world won't end if I don't get everything done.

No comments: