UGH! That would be how I describe my day, Ugh! Having 9am church has been a pain ever since Kylee was born. To get up and going and to church by 9 just seems to be a struggle. Jeremy has to be to meetings at 7:30 so he's no help and I just want to sleep in so I'm pretty slow going. That's just on a regular Sunday, but today seemed to just be one of those days. I was hurrying to get everyone ready and Kylee fed and to church on time when Brynlee decided she needed her lip gloss right then and there. Of course I have no idea where she left it and then she proceeds to throw a huge fit about it. I mean on the floor kicking and screaming fit. Meanwhile Price is trying to sneak the cookies that are for tomorrow night when the missionaries come for dinner and then proceeds to spill cereal all over the floor. The only quiet one is Kylee who is patiently waiting in her carseat for the other two to get their coats on so we can get going. So I'm searching everywhere for the lipgloss, but can't find it and Price somewhat cleans up the cereal and I'm thinking we actually might get to church in time for the sacrament. Then Brynlee starts screaming again and Price is going on about how he's hungry (but only for treats of course), when I decide to just forget it. It's not worth getting to church all frazzled and then have to deal with them through sacrament meeting being holy terrors. So I send them to their rooms to put on PJ's and go to bed. Then that starts a whole other round of crying and screaming, but at least they are in their room.
Jer comes home after sacrament meeting so I can go do sharing time at Primary. Which didn't turn out too bad; we just have some reverence issues, but we'll work on that later. The rest of the day went fairly ok (minus Jeremy's criticism of dinner and my lack feeling the spirit today). Then came 10 minutes to bedtime. The end was in sight and Brynlee had to go and bite her brother. All day she's been pretending to bite people. So I sent her to bed and of course she's screaming like a banshee and showing us how the terrible twos really can rear their ugly head. But luckily once Price went to bed she quieted down and hopefully now I can have a few moments of peace and quiet. Too bad I left my scriptures at church or maybe I could get a little spiritual reading in tonight. I am definitely glad this day is over. Hopefully tomorrow will turn out a little sunnier at our house.
My foot is feeling a lot better. On Christmas night it was horrible! It just throbbed and throbbed, I could barely sleep. But since then it's been ok, I don't think I'm even limping anymore.
On Christmas we went over to our friends', Cody and Joe's, house. She works with Jer and we hang out with them quite a bit. Most of her family came over too and we ate dinner and hung out. They are really nice and we had a good time. They had prime rib, which I guess is their family tradition. \ I don't see what the fuss is all about. It was good, but I prefer roast or ham. But maybe just knowing how much it costs just doesn't make it worth it.
After that we came home and watched a movie and had some munchies and hung out. Christmas was relaxing and fun, but I'm glad it's over. No more worrying about if I have everything done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Holy crap. I hate getting ready for church. It never seems worth it. We have church at 11 and lately Rand has been taking Hallie and Rip and I have been taking a 3 hour nap. Lets just say I haven't been feeling to spiritual lately. Hallie can tell. She always tells me Jesus is watching....I think she is getting confused with Santa but its still true!
Hilarious stories! Love the kiddos!
I probably shouldn't be chuckling, but can't help it... it's only because I've been there all too many times. When the kids were little I used to say that Satan camped out on my front porch on Sunday mornings. Most days I rarely got much out of it, what with the kids screaming or out in the hall. So many Sundays over the years I was solo with those kiddos. You can't help but wonder if it is really worth it sometimes. But the Lord is an understanding one and you will be blessed for your efforts, as futile as they may seem at times. Trust me, it will get easier. But I still have my moments even with an 8 and 10 yr old.
Glad you had a nice Christmas. What happened to your foot? Some how I missed that.
I dropped a plate on it. It was one of those heavy ceramic ones. I'm not the most coordinated person there ever was.
Lynette, I feel ya! I feel like I allow Satan in the most on the Sabbath. Mike is great about getting the kids fed and dressed but, I take too long to get ready most mornings and I just have a BAD attitude! I am definitely working on it and what more can I do? I hope that your week makes up for yesterday;)
I am glad that your foot is feeling better, it stinks being ailed when you have stuff to do.
Mike loves prime rib! I don't get prime rib at all, just the thought of it makes me gaggy. Not that the thought of any other food doesn't right now but, I get what you mean. We used to have steaks and crab legs when we could afford it growing up, I miss that tradition, maybe as our kids get old enough to enjoy it we will start it up? Who knows?
Hey remember me? I check in on your blog some times and just had to leave a comment on this post. We have church at 8:00 am and it will never change. We meet with a Spanish branch so we will stay the same forever. Some Sundays have been so bad that I have asked Brad if we can move just to get a new church schedule. Keep on keepin on.
Post a Comment