Sunday, December 6, 2009

Busy Sunday

It has been one crazy, busy day. Not too relaxing, but it wasn't too bad. I'm just wishing I would have gotten my Sunday nap, but like my dad always says "You can sleep in the nursing home". So I guess I'll have to wait a few years before that.

We were practicing for the Primary program which is next week, but it just seemed a little chaotic and unorganized. Hopefully it will work out next week if the teachers are there for crowd control. Then after church Jeremy had to take his car in to get something or other fixed. He has to drive up to northeast Iowa this week and he didn't want whatever was wrong to cause him problems. I should have had a better attitude about it, but I felt it ruined our Sunday somewhat (and thus causing me to miss out on my quiet/naptime).

Then we went to an open house for our friends who are moving to North Carolina. It was fun to get together with most of the ward and to hang out, but we will miss the Oliveiras. After that we came home ate dinner, the missionaries came over and we fed them, picked up the car, and finally watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Phew! What a busy day...All that and a few unruly children thrown in the mix. Price slapped one of the missionaries on the butt. If it's not one thing it's another. So we had to have a talk about appropriate behavior. Sheesh, whatever happened to the days when all I had to worry about was myself? That seems like a lifetime ago.

Anyway, I was asked to post the recipe for the cheeseball I brought to the open house. When I got the recipe from my sister it was add a little of this and a little of that. So this is the recipe as I did it for today. So if you want to adapt it with other ingredients you can, I won't tell.

Cheeseball
8oz package cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheese (I use the already shredded kind)
3 Tablespoons minced green pepper
3 Tablespoons minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper

First I whipped the cream cheese then I added all the other ingredients until well mixed. I dumped it out on plastic wrap and wrap it all up and then form it into a ball. You can also cover the outside in crushed nuts or chopped parsley to make it look more festive. This is a Price Family fave. We used to have this at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Plus anything with cream cheese has to be good.

4 comments:

D Lee said...

I to wonder what life was life before kids and worrying about only me. But I can't really remember. I've been in kid mode for so long!

I LOVE your dad's comment. I need to remember it.

alicia said...

Thanks for the recipe. It's a keeper. I'm glad you made it through your Sunday. It does sound a little crazy and I'm sure it was extra stressful being in charge of the program and all. I'm sure it will be fine. It always is. Believe it or not your kids will not always be toddlers. I miss that age, but now we're on to different challenges...

Hall Family said...

Yes, we've been there with the inappropriate behavior with makaya trying to hug her favorite missionaries...I'm fairly sure she had a crush on them...she's not acted as such since then. Yes, the days where we only had to worry about ourselves! hahaha

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the recipe. I was going to ask for it. Thanks for coming to open house. If you ever feel your kids are "wild", I'll trade you for a day! Your kids are just normal kids- so cute.