Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow Day

Yet again, another snow day for the Hodsons. It's getting to be a little monotonous and since I haven't been out of the house since Monday, I'm going a little crazy. I guess it's my own fault, I should get out, but I just hate when it's so cold.
So here's how we spent our day stuck inside. Brynlee was grubbin on some left over french toast from breakfast and hauling around Price's lunch bag. Such a silly girl.
Price was doing his usual, enjoying some Seasame Street. He did go outside for a few minutes, but came in and said his hands were cold. It must have been really cold for him to say that. Usually I have to drag him in. And apparently he thinks it is summer because he insists on putting on shorts and a t-shirt every morning.
Jer was the hero of the day and shoveled the driveway. The snowplows had already come by so the pile out by the street was like 2 1/2 feet deep. Thank goodness for him or I would have probably waited until spring and the snow to melt. We really need to get a snowblower, but you know as soon as we do that we'll start having mild winters. But for me that is incentive enough.


As for me I just folded a mountain of laundry (probably my least favorite household chore) and watched some lame-O tv. Although I did catch VH1's Confessions of a Teen Idol, which is hilarious. Such has beens as Jamie Walters, Jeremy Jackson, David Chokachi; takes me back...
Anyway, hopefully we can get out and about tonight so I can keep my sanity.

4 comments:

alicia said...

We all feel your pain!! I can't get anything done... literally! And now another snow day tomorrow. AHHHHH! It would be one thing if it was an actual snow day they could play in the snow, but it's like a big tease. The school's policy is that if temps are below 10 degrees the kids don't go outside and I've always agreed. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be -40 with wind chill, actual temp close to -20. Forget the outdoors for me. Thermals are a joke when it's that cold. Did you make it out? Man, I really need to do laundry tomorrow! I've been waiting for a day w/o the kids, but it's not going to happen. They will have to deal with not being entertained for awhile tomorrow.

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I too am dying! I can't wait for this to pass.

Kylee said...

I'm glad you are lucky enough to have Jer to shovel for you. You know it's always my butt out there at our house. Jacob does help sometimes.