It's only the beginning of January and I'm already hoping for spring. We had another ice storm the other night which I think is even worse than snow. For those non-Iowans who have never been in an ice storm, it rains and then gets so cold that the rain freezes on the roads and makes everything slippery. It's like a death wish if you try and drive anywhere too.
Anyway, on my way home from church I went super slow and was ok until I got to our driveway. I didn't gun it up fast enough and started to slip backward and sideways so I ended up on the sidewalk and in a snow bank on the side of our driveway. It was pretty scary and some passersby were gawking so it was a little embarassing too. But luckily I just kept going back and forth until I got out (thank you Mr. Jeppesen and BEHS driver's ed!).
I guess I'm just going to have to deal with the ice for a few more months so I might as well grin and bear it.
Here's the recipe of the day. We had the missionaries over for dinner last night and this is always my go to recipe when they come over. It's super easy and feeds a lot of people, but be warned, it's not low calorie or low carb. But it tastes great!! Thank you to Karolyn who always has great recipes, I got this from her.
Garlic Chicken Pasta
16 oz Farfalle pasta (bowties)
2-3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 (12 oz) Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice
1 lb. bacon (baked in oven at 400, then crumbled)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2-3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Cook the chicken and marinade in crock pot on low for 6 hours (if I'm feeling lazy I just cook it in the oven on 400 for 30 min while I do the bacon).
Boil pasta.
melt butter; add garlic, cream, pepper and cheese. Whisk together on low heat for 5-6 minutes. Combine pasta, chicken, bacon and sauce. Toss together and serve immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Sounds scary. I too hate this time of year. It makes it hard to love Iowa... The kids have 2 hour delay today and I have soo much to get done!
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it later. We just starting trying to eat better and get back into our workouts again.
I had to laugh when I saw that recipe. I have the same recipe and I got is from Jessie in Coralville. I have to admit I've only made it once. I made it when I was pregnant with the boys and very sick and it didn't go over well with my stomach. In almost three years I haven't been able to bring myself to make it again.
That recipe looks super yummy! How scary it was to drive on Sunday. Gotta love hilly Cedar Rapids and ice, what a great combination. Are you going to playgroup on Thursday? I have some more clothes if you would like to go through them I will bring them or you can come over and have 1st dibs tomorrow if you don't have anything else going on.
Post a Comment