Today has been one of those hectic, crazy, I need a tropical vacation days. I guess Tuesdays in general are like that for me. Tuesday is my "clean the kitchen" day and I don't know why, but I always dread it. I love nothing more than a clean kitchen, I just hate doing it. Mostly I hate mopping the floor. Maybe I'm too much of a stickler of how I like it done; despite my love of the swiffer it just doesn't get it clean enough sometimes. So I like to clean the kitchen floor with soap and water on my hands and knees. It is a pain, but it gets the floors sparkling. Because there's nothing I hate more than a sticky kitchen floor.
Enough of my kitchen rant...So on days like this I like to make something easy, yummy and comforting. My recipe of the day is 'Raisin Bran Muffins'. These are a Price family favorite; I've had these since I was little. There's nothing better than a warm Raisin Bran muffin with butter on it and a glass of milk. The batter can last in the fridge for up to 3 weeks and just gets better. I like to make the batter and then only make enough for that meal. Then whenever we want muffins we can have hot fresh ones, so GOOD!!
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 cups Raisin Bran
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups Buttermilk (I never have buttermilk so I just add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to regular milk and let it sit for a few minutes and it works just fine).
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
Bake at 375 for 20 min.
Hope your day is going a bit more smoothly or at least that these muffins make it better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Thanks for the recipe. Sorry you've had one of those days. You sure are a trooper to get on your hands and knees weekly to mop! I used to do it, but can't say I've done that in a long while. You should never look too closely at my floors!
I too am very impressed. I am happy if I get my kitchen floor swept. I would hate Tuesdays too if I mopped each week :) The muffins sound great, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment