On to the exciting conclusion of our vacation. I know you're on the edge of your seat in anticipation.
On the last full day I drove up to Brigham and met up with my friend, Kylee. They are just finishing building the temple in BC and it is so beautiful. I wish I could go to the open house and dedication this fall; I'll just have to go there next summer when we come.
We met Kylee and her boys and had lunch at the park. The kids ate lunchables and Kylee and I had some legendary Taco Time. Brigham has the world's best Taco Time. Trust me, they do. You just have to try it and then you'll know. We had the black bean and chicken burritos and they were awesome. I'm still dreaming about it and counting down until I can have another. Throw in a cream empanada and it was a delicious lunch. And of course it was great to see Kylee and the boys. Jacob and Alec are the cutest kids ever. Brynlee and Alec had a great time playing and I love seeing Jacob and the funny kid that he is. He's super smart, too. I don't think I've ever seen a smarter kid, plus he reminds me so much of Kylee when she was little. Kylee and I have know each other since birth; there's something comforting in knowing someone that long (besides your family). She's a great mom and as is evidenced with her super awesome kids; she's done a great job with them. We had fun catching up. It's nice to go back and remember what a great childhood I had.
After we left Brigham we drove up to Ashton, Idaho to meet up with Jeremy and his dad. The kids love spending time with Grandpa and the view is so amazing. You can see the Tetons and it's so quiet and peaceful. Although my allergies were running wild and I wasn't feeling so swell. But the kids had a great time and that's what counts.The highlight was roping the fake calf. Price was getting real good and even Brynlee was getting the hang of it. Don't let Jeremy fool you, he's a roping machine. The guy knows his way around a rope and a calf. He is definitely a man of many talents. Too bad we can't capitalize on more of them.
The next day the girls drove back to Idaho Falls while the boys went on one last ride. When they were done we loaded up the mini and headed on back to Iowa. The trip was again pretty uneventful; although I did see deer 3 different times while we drove through Wyoming. Thankfully they were on the side of the road, not on the road. I did hit a bunny, but I blame him for being on the road and running under the van.
It was a quick trip this year, jam packed with family fun and adventure. It really made us wish we could see our family more often, but I'm in no hurry to drive 21 hours.



.jpg)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time. You alway impress me at what a wonderful blogger you are! We missed you and will have to play soon.
Post a Comment