I don't know why I was so nervous for 'Run the Flood', but I had the worst dream the night before and butterflies all morning long. You'd think I was running in the Olympics by the way I felt. But besides that it was a great race and I had a lot of fun.
For the first 2 miles I was getting passed like crazy. I was feeling like a slug, but while I may not have speed, I do have stamina. So after about 2 miles then I started picking people off and passing them. And it felt really good.
Along the race route they were people "entertaining" us? Or maybe just cheering us on. About half way through there were some lovely belly dancing ladies. At about the 5 mile marker there was a little "band". One way playing the guitar and the pan flute (I think) and the other had this large recorder like instrument that slid in and out and the bottom. I don't explain it well, but it was quite the site. It definitely put a smile on my face. There were lots of people out cheering and Jeremy and the kids were there at the start, at the half-way point of the race and at the finish line. It was great to see them cheering for me.
I did a lot better than I thought I would so that made me happy. Plus it's just a fun, flat race so I really enjoyed it.
This week has been rainy and yucky. But we have found things to do. We've played with friends, gone to the Y and just had a nice lazy summer. I'm loving that we are just being chill.
We've also been enjoying all the free loot we've been getting from the Summer Reading Programs. Today we had some free cheese sticks from Papa John's. Not the healthiest lunch, but it sure was tasty. And Price got a free ticket to a Kernal's (baseball) game that hopefully we'll get to use soon.
Last night for Relief Society we went to Foundation 2 and did some service. We did service there a few weeks ago for our Stake wide service day too. This time I was again pulling weeds. I'd much rather be outside than cramped in a dingy basement sorting cans, one look at the Vienna sausages makes me want to gag. So anyway, me and Melanie were out pulling weeds when I went to get the garbage can to put them all in. I come back and some black guy has come along and is chatting up Melanie. He's practically hitting on her, but she's so nice and just keeps pulling weeds. Pretty soon he's helping us; it was a little sureal. I think he needed money for a cab, but we didn't have any so after helping us he left. The lady from Foundation 2 felt bad, but he was nice. It was entertaining to say the least. So we had a good laugh and a good night of service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment