Friday, June 24, 2011

Backyard BBQ

We had a little backyard BBQ with our friends Cody and Joe. Cody's birthday is the 19th and Price's is the 21st so it was a little birthday shindig for the both of them. Plus we got to hear all about their exciting honeymoon to Jamaica (it let's us live vicariously through others).


Cody's not a huge chocolate fan and she doesn't like buttercream frosting so I decided to make 5 layer bars. They were so yummy, and something different.

I actually did all the BBQing myself. I got the coals going (it only took 2 tries) and then cooked the burgers. Jeremy tends to chitchat too much and forgets to flip them and I end up with a crispy hockey puck. I think I did a great job, the burgers turned out perfectly (at least mine did). And I made some yummy potato salad with the dill from my garden.

Price was pretty excited about his Spiderman mask. Now he has the complete outfit.

No comments: