So, today was "Lace up for Learning". It's a 5k/10k race that goes to support the Cedar Rapids Community School Foundation. It's for a good cause so this is the 2nd year that I've done it. I did the 10k, but about half way through I thought "whose brilliant idea was this" and "I am never, EVER running again". But yes, it was my crazy idea and I'll probably run again sometime this week. But during the race I make myself all kinds of crazy promises.
I didn't train as hard as I would have liked for this race, but I felt that at least I could finish in an ok time. I had a goal of where I wanted to be, but yet again about halfway through I thought "forget my goal" I just want to finish this thing without dying.
But I made it, I didn't walk and I actually did Ok. Thankfully I turned 30 a few months again and that bumped me into the older category so I actually won my age group. WAHOO! Maybe it does pay to be 30 after all!


So while running the race I wasn't too happy, I am now. Plus the post race food was super yummy. They had Panera Bread bagels and it was nice to eat them and not feel guilty about all the carbs.
There is one tragedy to report. My favorite blue headband is lost. I'm not sure what happened to it, but I'm a little sad that it's gone. It was perfect. It kept my hair back, but wasn't so tight that it pinched my head. Maybe in celebration I will have to go buy myself a new one.
.jpg)
3 comments:
Woohoo! Way to go Lynnie. Jessaca & I ran a 5K a long time ago in Bear Lake. She got first and I got second place... what we didn't want to tell anyone is that we were 2 of about 4 girls in our age group. :)
You rock! Way to go Lynnette!
good golly....i have 2 favorite headbands (out of 20 i own), and am ALWAYS searching for one of them. so sorry you lost yours....that IS tragic!! we should have headband theme month for bunco!
Post a Comment