Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Wedding

I was a bridesmaid in our friend Cody's wedding this past weekend. It actually turned out really great. I had a lot of fun and the wedding was really nice.
On Friday was the rehearsal and then dinner. The rehearsal was uneventful, just running through the wedding. Then we went to the Elmcrest Country Club for dinner (home of Zach Johnson, the golfer; you may need to be from Iowa to know who he is). It was really nice and the food was good. Cody and Joe are so sweet. I got a bag with my name embroidered on it and some jewelry for the wedding. Brynlee (who was a flower girl got a backpack with her name on it and a Tinkerbell coloring book). I loved that they thought of the little things. It really made for a fun day.

The maid of honor (Cody's sister) locked her keys in her car on Friday so we took her and her daughter Bella to dinner and then loaned them a carseat to use until they could get her car open. That was really the only hiccup for the weekend and it all worked out great.

On Saturday morning we all met to get our hair done. Brynlee took this loverly picture. I opted for down and straight. Everyone else did up and curly (thanks for the memo!) So I was the odd one out, but I liked my hair and it looked great until we got lots of outdoor pictures in the rain after the wedding.


This is us getting ready before the wedding. Brynlee had so much fun getting her hair curled and putting on a pretty dress. She lvoed getting her picture taken and people telling her how cute she was.

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

Brynlee is a doll!!!