Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tender Mercies

I have been thinking over the past couple of weeks about the Lord's tender mercies. The many varied ways He blesses my life, mostly without me even recognizing it. I've been trying to make a concerted effort to notice these in my life and to be more grateful for all that He does for me.

For example: I was having a rough day and took the girls to the library so we could get out of the house for a little while. I ran into a friend and was able to talk with her for awhile. It was nice to have some adult conversation and to see a friendly face.

I was down doing laundry when I noticed a book on our bookshelf that I've never seen before. I had just cleaned out our books a few months ago and must have missed this one. It's John Bytheway's "When Times Are Tough". Way good book, I highly recommend it. It's had some great insight that I needed and some great scriptures that have really made me think. Plus he's so funny that it makes me laugh too.

And the most bizarre example of the Lord's tender mercies would have to be Jeremy getting a flat tire Sunday morning. I know a little weird that I consider this a good thing, but really it was. Jeremy was headed off to Beulah, North Dakota Sunday evening. I was really worried about his car making it there so I was glad this happened. We had to rush to Wal-mart before church and get him 4 new tires, but it gave me a lot of peace of mind knowing that he would be safer. And he did make it there with no problems.

I am so grateful for the Lord's tender mercies in my life. My life is far from charmed or glamorous; I have rough days just like anyone else, but I know that if I put my trust in Him it will all work out and I am never alone.


In other news: It is still hard for me to drop Price off at school. Just seeing him walking into school by himself tugs at my heart. He's growing up and I just wish I could freeze him as a 4-year-old forever. But since that isn't going to happen I'll just have to enjoy each stage of life. He is a great brother and after school seems to remember to ask about how his sisters are and what they've been up to all day. He's also learning to ride a 2 wheeler, but so far it consists of me holding on to his bike as he slowly pedals and doesn't even really steer. So we'll see if he can get the hang of it.

I've decided that Brynlee and I are too much alike and it is the battle of wills between us both. And we are both determined to win. Luckily she has been going to "playschool" on Tuesdays and loving it. It helps that she can get away and have some fun with her friends. She can be so sweet and play so nicely and then she can scream and shriek loud enough to break glass. Otherwise she is a great helper and loves to cook with me and is such a little mom when she is playing. It's funny to hear the things she says because they sound just like me.

Kylee is getting lots of teeth and is finally getting over her ear infection. Last week was rough with her not sleeping and crying all the time. But she's back to her cute, sweet self. She has started doing the cutest thing too. When we are all kneeling for prayer she will bow her head down too (just for a second). The kids think this is so cute and all get laughing when she does it. Not the best thing when we're trying to pray, but so cute. She has no desire to walk yet, but we have made progress because she has kept socks on all day! Wahoo, normally she pulls them off while I'm pulling them on.

So that's our life in a nutshell for the past few weeks. Getting into the groove of school and enjoying our fall like weather.

No comments: