Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kylee turns 1

My baby turned one! Hallelujah! The first year is always the hardest for me, but it did go by fast with Ky. Jeremy is out of town this week so we had a low key celebration.
We started the day with some pancakes and present opening.

She has the cutest smile and is getting lots of teeth. Kylee is so sweet and usually really mellow and easy going.

She got this little baby doll and she kept giving it hugs, it was too cute.

Whenever it's time for family prayer we tell her to bow her head and she does for a second, it's too cute.

She loved getting sung to. The kids kept doing it all day and she loved it everytime. I found these cute cupcakes that were pretty inexpensive so I got them instead of making a cake. I figure she's only one she won't remember and I'm feeling lazy. We got Cake Batter ice cream too which is one of my new fave flavors.


She honestly sat and looked at this cupcake for a few minutes before she would even touch it. I think she was blown away that I would actually let her have a treat and get messy all at the same time. I've never seen a kid be so timid about eating a cupcake before.

Once she got going she had at it. She ate every single piece of that cake. And she really didn't get too messy either. It was mostly just on her hands and face. As compared to the other two who had it in their hair and all over their bodies.


Lately she's been teething and had an ear infection so she's cried a lot more than usual. But I think she's feeling a lot better and sleeping a little better through the night. Once my kids turn one and don't drink formula I get rid of bottles. The other two had no problems with this, but Kylee is revolting against drinking from a sippy. She'll wake up in the night and want a drink and when I give her a sippy she throws it and gets really mad. I'm sticking by my no bottle philosphy, but it gets pretty hard at 3am when I'm super tired and she won't calm down.
Kylee loves grapes, yogurt and cheese. She would rather feed herself than let you feed her. Her favorite song is 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider'. When she hears Jeremy come home from work she crawls as fast as she can to him; she loves her dad and definitely knows his voice. She is so patient and will sit in her high chair or stroller and wait until I'm done dealing with the other two before I get to her. She is our most easy going baby and is so sweet and snuggly.

We love you Kylee!

1 comment:

D Lee said...

Happy Birthday little one. My third was just as mellow. At four he started to crank up his independence streak. However, he's still incredibly patient. I wish I could be more like that.