Although when I picked him up today it was so great to hear how much he loves school and how he is so excited for all the fun things they get to do. We do miss him, but I'm glad it's going so well. And really it's been nice to get back into a routine with the girls. It sure makes it easy when there is just the two of them.
You'd think after my last pedicure I'd never get another one. But while in Idaho Jami (Jer's sister) and I went to 'CaliNails' and got a pedicure. It was also just nice to get away for a couple of hours. We got to the nail place about 2 (we remember this clearly because they have a Christmas clock that played some song when it was 2). We had to wait since all the other chairs were full. After awhile Jami went in, but her tub was ice cold. I tried to convince her that this was the new pedicure; it starts off with a refreshing ice bath. She wasn't buying it. When it was my turn I was sitting at the opposite end of the room from Jami. I put my feet in the tub and was quickly engrossed in a People magazine (I mean, who wouldn't be when reading about Lindsay in lockdown). When all of the sudden I hear water spilling. I look down and realize my tub is overflowing (Oops!) The workers quickly come and turn it off after I am waving frantically and pointing at the water (yes, again I went to a place run by some Asians). The woman sitting next to me grabbed her shoes and was holding them in the air in disgust. I mean, come on, they are flip flops and it wasn't THAT much water. Later she got sick of waiting and left before she even got a pedicure (one less person to wait to get done!)
This time there was a guy working there. After a few close calls on the puddles of water he finally got them mopped up and I got my pedicure. Jami also came and sat by me since the other lady left in disgust. So we're just hanging out getting our feet rubbed having a great time. Now, my feet are super ticklish and I kept laughing when he was rubbing my feet. I think he thought I was making eyes at him or something, but I was laughing. Anywho, he did pumice my feet a little too vigorously and they were a little sore the next day, but I can't complain too much. He did a great job and I love the little extra bling he added to the flowers.

As we were paying I left him a tip and the lady at the cash register yelled out to him that I'd left him $5. It was quite the experience; pedicure and a show. We ended up leaving around 4pm, but it was so much fun I don't think either one of us cared that it took so long.
.jpg)
1 comment:
It is so sad how fast they grow independent. I am sure that he is doing great, he's a great kid! I have heard of a GREAT pedicure place here, once I try it out I will let you know. Your toes look really cute.
Post a Comment