Sunday, September 12, 2010

LOOOONG Week

Jeremy is working in North Dakota this week. He kept trying to get us to go, but North Dakota is not on my list of places I really want to go. My grandma grew up there and it would be cool to see that, but I have no desire to stay in a hotel with 3 kids in some podunk town. Plus Price has school so we'll just stay here.

So this week has dragged, but we've tried to stay busy so the time goes by fast.
We went to the PlayStation one day (a big indoor playland). We were having a great time until Brynlee peed her pants. I had asked her a couple of times if she needed to go, but she didn't. I guess she just got too busy playing.

We've been to the park a few times, Price has practiced riding a 2 wheeler (he needs a lot more before he'll be on his own) and we went to Chick-Fil-A kid's night. Usually we just go and play in the bounce house and play the games and go home, but we actually ate there this time. The kids had a great time teasing the cow mascot and running off all their energy.

On Wednesday Brynlee started swim lessons.

When she was little she was so timid about trying things, but lately she has been really brave. She'll go high on the swings at the park, she'll go down the big slides (these are huge steps for her). So when I signed her up for swim lessons I was expecting her to scream and refuse to get in the water. She did great though. She went over and sat with her class, she even told the teacher her name. She was a little timid about jumping into the water, but that is a lot better than I expected. I'm sure my bribe of some gum worked wonders too.

Price is still loving school although I think he's learning the hard lesson that kids aren't always nice. It breaks my heart when he tells me that kids aren't nice to him, but I realize this is why he is in school; to learn to get along with others. Luckily he has a great teacher and for the most part kids are really nice to him and he has friends to play with and talk to.

We are slowly chugging on without Jeremy. Brynlee was sick yesterday, but she seems to be over it now. Hopefully I can get a little more sleep, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll just have to wait until Thursday then I will make Jeremy get up with the kids. But knowing my luck they will all sleep perfectly as soon as he is home.

1 comment:

D Lee said...

Sorry the week has been so long. Glad to know the gum bribe still works on our children at swim lessons.