Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Survival

It's not even the middle of December and I'm already wondering if I'm going to make it through the winter. I guess the thought of having to endure this cold tundra until March is a little depressing. So I've been thinking of my favorite things to help me make it through the cold.

1. My sister told me about this one. Although I just used the Wal-mart brand it worked like a charm. I started taking it when I could feel myself getting a little sick and took it for 2 days. I never got a cold and it worked great. It wasn't the best tasting stuff, but at least it worked. Go Airborne!
2.Next would have to be my rice sock. I took a sock (a new one) and filled it with rice. Then I just pop it into the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and it's good to go. I put it at the foot of my bed and keeps my toes warm. Especially when Jer is gone or studying it keeps me nice and toasty. There's nothing worse then getting into a cold bed.


3. There are many reasons why I don't like the Acura I drive (mostly because the head lights cost $140 each to replace), but I do love it in the winter. It has heated seats in the front and I have decided I cannot live without them now. They are the best and make all the difference on a cold day. Now if I could just remember to turn it off when the weather gets warm. There's nothing worse them sweltering in the car and wondering why I'm so hot then realizing I have the seat warmers on....


4. There's nothing like a mug of hot chocolate on a cold day. Especially when you have marshmallows on top and they get all melty, mmm I'm craving some as I write this. I miss being in Utah and having Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa. I'm not sure if I can get it here, I guess I'll have to look into that...But the Wal-mart brand that is sugar-free is just not the same either. We got some last year (because it was on sale) and I think most of it is still sitting in our cupboard. You gotta go with the real stuff to make it worth it.

5. Having parents that live in St. George is great. By February or March I am really ready to have some warm weather. So hopefully I can find a cheap flight to Vegas and have a little warm weather getaway.






3 comments:

Kylee said...

Just wanted you to know that they've proven Airborne to be nothing but a placebo. It's all in your head, girl.
http://www.airbornehealthsettlement.com/

lynnie said...

Placebo my ear.. The stuff works great, you need to try it.

Hall Family said...

can you tell I'm so behind!!! Nope, no Stephen's there...I checked, first thing I did when we moved there. Luckily, we stocked up before we left Utah.