Friday, December 19, 2008

Is this Heaven?....No, It's Iowa!

Yet another lovely day here in Iowa. We woke up to another 3 in. of snow, but luckily Jer's work told him not to come in until 10 so he shoveled the drive. Plus our neighbor who has a blade hooked up to his 4-wheeler came and helped him out too.
Jeremy took his car to work today since he was just working at his office, but the old lemon died on the way there. So I went to pick him up and we got to wait for an hour for the tow truck to come. Luckily he stalled in the turning lane so the highlight of our waiting was seeing how many people would sit behind us waiting for us to move. Most likely they were on a cell phone and it took them a few minutes to figure things out. I was trying to wave one guy around us and apparantly he thought I was being friendly because he waved back. It's one of those situations where you just have to laugh otherwise you'll pull you're hair out going crazy. It did remind me of Elder Worthin's talk from this last conference. You just have to laugh at situations like these.

So I guess we are officially a one car family for the time being....I'm not sure how I feel about that though. I hate being stuck at home, even if I'm not going anywhere I still like to have the option to do so.
If anyone has any great car recommendations let us know!! Or you may feel free to donate to our new car fun.

No comments: