Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fave Holiday Movies

I love how around Christmas there are a lot of old movies on TV. I have been thinking of my favorites and these are three of them, in no particular order:
Little Women (1949). Ok, so this isn't a Christmas movie, but they do celebrate Christmas at the beginning of the movie. I don't know why I love this movie so much, but it has to be one of my favorites. When our family first got a VCR back in the 80's this was one of the first movies we got and I've just loved it ever since. And everytime I watch it I hope that somehow Jo and Laurie end up together...

Home Alone is of course a holiday classic. I am a fan of both 1 and 2, but not 3 (how sad is it that I've seen all three?) But they are good for a few laughs. Too bad this was Mackaly Caulkin's peak in life....

A list of favorite holiday movies would not be complete without the "Christmas Story". I love how some channels play it 24/7 around Christmas. I remember watching this over and over when I was a kid. Poor Jeremy was deprived and never really saw it until we got married and I made him watch it. You've gotta love the pink bunny pj's and the little brother being so bundled up he can hardly move.

Happy movie watching. Let me know if you have any faves that should be watched this Christmas season!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

You know I've never actually seen the original "Little Women" movie. I love the newer version with Claire Daines though. (You know I love her!) I think you should add "One Magic Christmas" to you list. Gideon the angel rocks. And I always like to watch the grinch as well. Anyway, there's my two cents.