Friday, March 1, 2013

Feb. doings

Price does an after school program (I'm sure I've gone on and on about Kids on Course before; It's great!)  This unit that he is in now is about science.  They made rockets and shot them off and then this week he came home with some cool Legos.  He got a kit to  make an airplane, but he's been making all sorts of different vehicles with it.  I love that he likes to build things and be creative.  And I love getting free stuff (especially nice Lego kits).
 Grandma Artice sent us a package (or I should say Jami sent it) but Grandma filled it with Valentine and Easter stuff.  Here the kids are showing off the loot; new clothes, sunglasses, balloons, candy.  We love getting packages from Grandma.  She is so good about sending us great stuff.
On Tuesday Price and I went on a little date.  He had a token for a free ice cream from Culver's.  I made him open my door for me.  We had a great time.  It's fun to spend time with him one on one.  He's a good kid.  We then went to Toys R Us to look around.  We found lots of cool stuff and I got some good ideas for birthdays and Christmas.  Although my favorite was the $15 "butterfly bottle".  It was a plastic mason jar.  Whoever thought of that is making a mint.  I can do the same thing with an applesauce jar and do it for less than $1.  I wonder who actually buys stuff like that?  Definitely not me.

For the past few weeks we've been getting snow.  Not a ton, but enough that school has gotten cancelled and delayed.  I wonder if the person who makes the cancellation decisions has kids?  I don't think they have elementary aged kids because if they did they wouldn't cancel school so easily.   It really messes up my schedule when they are delayed or home all day.  But I guess that's why I'm not consulted about these decisions.

On Thursday we had early dismissal from school (because of the above paragraph).  We went to the McDonald's playland to have a playdate with a girl Brynlee was wanting to get together with for awhile.  They mom wouldn't let her come over to our house (because we may be crazy or weird or something-she didn't say that but I know that's what she meant).  Anyway we had a great time chatting and the kids played great together.  I felt like it was a "mom interview".  That I needed to prove we aren't weird or white trash or anything.  So hopefully I passed and this girl can come over to play or something.

The past two days we've gone sledding.  The older 2 have had a great time.  Kylee has just whined and complained and wanted me to hold her (nothing new).  The other 2 have had so much fun and despite the cold have played longer than I thought they would.  So yeah for snow-at least for now.  Although I find it very ironic that I can't find a sled or anything snow related in the stores, but I can get anything summer or pool related.  Go figure.

Last night we had a "sleepover".  It consisted of me and the kids....and the dog sleeping in the basement.  It was quite the exciting night.  We have out VCR downstairs so we watched "Star Wars Episode 1" on VHS.  I was tired so we went to bed early and of course I slept like crap.  With both girls squishing me and the dog in there too I  was neither rested nor refreshed this morning.  But the kids had fun and they think it's a treat so that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Rand and Tracy said...

Hope you hid your crazy and passed the mom interview!!