I've survived Spring Break. It's a miracle too. Whoever thought that we needed a week off of school was CRAZY! I could do with a long weekend. But that many days was a lot too many.
We were dog-sitting for our neighbors. His dad was in Hospice and passed away and we were watching Misty for them so they didn't have to worry about her. I'm glad we could help them out, but she has to be one of the most annoying dogs ever. She has a high-pitched bark and every time someone walked or drove by our house we would hear in incessantly. Plus she's getting old and has to go out a zillion times a day. Either that or she pees on the floor. But the kids enjoyed having her and so did Kinnick.
Some of the highlights of the week were:-Saw a Dr. Seuss show at the Library. A guy acted out a few Seuss books. Really good and really funny.
-watched The Wizard of Oz. Reminded me of when Brynlee was little and she would sing "we're off to see the lizard, the wonderful lizard of Oz".
-swimming at the YMCA
-sleepovers
-movie nights
-Dollar store trip, found 2 cute swimsuits at the Goodwill for Brynlee
On Friday we went down to Iowa City to the Museum of Natural History. We found it pretty easily. Although I failed at orienteering. I had a map and still got lost when finding the building. Hopefully I never get lost in the wilderness because I stink at reading a map.
They had all different sorts of stuffed (like taxidermy) animals to see. In the prehistoric part they had fossils and this giant sloth. It's hard to see in the picture, but it's HUGE. A little creepy too.
We also saw a whale skeleton and all sorts of birds and animals. The kids had fun-although the highlight was probably stopping at the gas station on the way home for a treat.
On Saturday we headed down to Nauvoo to go to the temple. Price rode home with our friends the Andersons and Jeremy and I and the girls went out for pizza. It was fun, but it seemed really quiet. Price sure adds a lot of volume and excitement to our family.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment