Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fireworks

This was the first time in 5 years that we've been to the fireworks on the 4th. We are definitely not stay up late kind of people. And anything past 10 is way too late for us. But we decided it would be fun for the kids to see fireworks since none of them know what they are.
The good thing about Cedar Rapids is that there is tons of places to go see the fireworks so it wasn't super crowded and we didn't have to walk 10 years to get to our car.
We went with the Andersons and Indhi brought glow bracelets for the kids to play with.
I guess Kylee wasn't too into the fireworks because she decided to get down on the balnket and play with her bracelets about 1/2 way through the show.

Brynlee making a glow bracelet mustache.

Price and Brynlee with our hostess Indhi. The kids had a lot of fun at their house.

We were right on the river across from Quaker Oats. It was a pretty good spot and the fireworks were fun. None of the kids got scared either.

The only down side to the day was that Price sprained his ankle while playing on the trampoline. It swelled up pretty bad and he was hurting, but he's enjoyed laying on the couch watching PBS kids and not being asked to do much. It's doing a lot better now and he can hobble around, but if he feels like watching TV then he decides that he needs to rest.

I grew up in a small town and the 4th of July fireworks were quite the event. But what I loved about them is that you were right under the fireworks when they went off. They seemed to cover the whole sky and they seemed so big. When I was little I hated the ones that made loud noises, but my dad would always sit close to me so I wouldn't be scared. I know he hated going to the fireworks every year, but we went and I have some great memories from it. I realized this as we were watching the fireworks; I took a lot for granted when I was a kid and Brigham sure puts on a great fireworks show.

No comments: