Sunday, October 17, 2010

riding bikes and hanging out

We've been enjoying some great weather this week and are all feeling much better after the quick sickness that hit us last weekend.
On Wednesday Jeremy flew to San Diego to his sister's wedding. He got back Thursday morning just as we were leaving to take Price to school. He took Thursday off and we had a great day as a fam haning out and running errands. He got to experience a day in the life of a stay at home mom. But of course we weren't too busy and no catastrophes occured.

When Jeremy was in North Dakota last month I tried to teach Price to ride a two wheeler, but it just didn't work out too well. I guess I did't have enough patience and he didn't stick with it long enough. So Thursday after school we went down by the river and rode bikes. Jeremy helped Price with his bike and in no time he was riding all by himself. They went out again yesterday and Price is doing so good. He can turn now too. It's so fun to see him ride his bike. It just makes me realize that he's getting so big and won't be my little buddy forever.

On Friday me and the girls went for a walk around the neighborhood. Of course Bryn fell asleep. She's in that stage where she refuses to take a nap, but sometimes she still needs one. She slept for a little while before we went to get Price and then of course she screamed her head off because she wasn't ready to wake up yet. Ahh, the joy of 3-year-olds. I wonder if one day I will miss this stage?

No comments: