We picked them up on Thursday and went out to the pumpkin patch to get some fresh squash. We always go out to Goodlove's for our pumpkins and since we didn't this year we decided to just get squash from them. Jeremy claims to not be a squash lover, but we converted him. We got 3 different kinds and they were all excellent!
We then went for a walk on the river so Gma and Gpa could watch Price ride his 2-wheeler. It was a little cold so we didn't stay long, but at least they got to see him in action.
While they were here we had lots of yummy food. We made some cute candy corn puddings for dessert that were really yummy and super easy to make (check out weloveiowa.blogspot.com for some GREAT recipes). And of course we had to hit Panera a few times. But I'm not complaining, they have this new mac and cheese that is so good. Although they've added the calories to their menu so it makes me feel guilty ordering it, but I just try not to look at the numbers then I don't feel bad. If I was trying to watch my calories I wouldn't come to Panera in the first place (can we say carb overload?)
Grandpa is great to snuggle with, he's super warm and so patient. Kylee was so spoiled having them here.

On Friday we drove out to the Amana colonies to see the sights.


It was a little cloudy and cold at first, but overall not a bad day. We went to the quilt shop, meat market, woolen mills, the kitchen store and some other little shops. It was fun to walk around and learn the history about the colonies. We had lunch at a cute little bakery too. The girls were really good and didn't complain about riding around all day.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment