It all started good and well. I woke up and went for a run on Saturday morning. I got to the critical part in my run; turn left and go home (3 mile run) or turn right and finish my course (5+ miles, including the big hills). I chose the latter and was quite proud of myself. I felt great, but then as the day wore on I was pooped! It didn't help that Jer was gone all morning and I didn't get any rest time in.
We went and ran errands around town and came home and finished getting stuff done and dinner AND cookie making. When am I going to learn that I can't do it all?
So me and the kids made some Halloween cookies. I was a little bit too much of a control freak about it and was short with them. I should have just taken a chill pill and let them have a good time. Maybe if I hadn't been so tired, but I was hot (it was over 80 degrees!) and tired and ready for bed.
So in my attempt to have some fun with the kids I just ended up being frustrated and they probably just remember a big crabby mom. But at least the cookies were good!


Price took this one, always nice to get the kids' perspective.

This morning Brynlee was complaining about a headache, she took a nap and I thought she was feeling better. As we were leaving for church she still wasn't feeling good so I figured we'd drop Price off at church and set up the tag team plan with Jeremy for the rest of church. About 3 minutes from the church Bryn pukes all over herself. I hurried and got to the church and found Jer and worked out the plan, but Bryn was still covered in puke. Today was also the day that we were starting to practice the Primary Sacrament Program (I'm in charge of it). A busy day and urpy kids were not in my plan. But it all worked out, I was able to be there for the practice and Jer was there for Elder's Quorum. I guess the lesson I learned is that I need to 1-not try to do it all. 2-be a little more flexible. I guess I have some work to do, but hopefully I can just chill and no more big surprises will be revealed today.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment