Monday, April 26, 2010

Are Ya Kidding Me?

Growing up, my mom had a sign in the kitchen that said "Just remember the woman slaving over the stove is a college graduate". We used to tease her about it, but today I'm starting to understand why she had it there.

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to eat better and get in better shape. So I've been trying to eat more veggies and whole grains, etc. Well a few months ago Jeremy made the request that he would like to have more "meat and potatoes" so I've tried to implement that. Then last week he asked why we eat green salads so much and could we try something different. Well ok, but I'm just trying to get us to eat more veggies and be healthy.

Then yesterday the girls were sick so Jer went to the first part of church and Price and I went to Primary. When we get home Jeremy has printed off some nutrition info off the computer and wants me to look at it. He then goes into his spiel about wanting to eat healthier and get into better shape. All I could say was "Are Ya Kidding Me?" That's what I've been trying to do for months now! Then he's trying to tell me what he wants to eat, etc. All I could do was shake my head. Just because you google some stuff on the internet doesn't make you an expert, but it did give me a good laugh. So maybe now he will finally listen to what I'm saying and will at least appreciate when I try to get us to eat better.

So does this mean when I watch Legally Blonde that I'm a legal expert?

4 comments:

alicia said...

Haha... MEN. What else can I say?

Anonymous said...

this is jason too. when i want to do good w/ foods...i'm "no fun", when he wants to, it happens, and he looses his weight in 2 seconds as apposed to my struggling for the past 6 years!!!!!!!! pain in my butt!!

Anonymous said...

by the way, love your mom's sign in the kitchen....need one for myself cause i'm a college graduate!

Hall Family said...

haha (Sorry Jeremy, I do have to laugh)