Friday, February 5, 2010

B-day parties and the croup

Price got invited to his first "school friend" birthday party this week. It was the first time he's gone to a party where we really don't know the kid or his family. Up until now he's only gone to family parties or people from our ward, so this was something new for us. Here he is holding the present and yet again making a crazy face. I will one day look on this with fondness I'm sure.

I think he gets his craziness from his dad. When we were engaged I wanted to take some pictures of us to put on the tables at our wedding lunch. I was trying to do some cute ones of us and Jer just kept making faces and playing around. It made me so frustrated, but now I admit they turned out cute and it really shows Jer's personality.
So the party was at the Ice Arena. So I made Jeremy go and stay with Price and of course they forgot the camera and any other details of the party. It's like trying to get top secret info out of those two. I guess there was pizza and cake and then ice skating. Price fell once, but other than that who knows what happened.

Yesterday Price woke up with a frog in is throat and when he came home from school he voluntarily took a nap. Which, if you know Price, is so not like him. He's always the first one up in the morning and going to bed he always begs to stay up for 5 more minutes. I debated whether or not to send him to the party, but he didn't have a fever and his voice was a little hoarse. Of course when he got home he was wheezing and coughing. I took him to the dr. today and he has croup. I cringe everytime he coughs, it sounds so painful. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon. He's got some meds and some pop (I'm such a sucker for sick kids I pretty much cave to any request).
Today I had a full day planned. But isn't that how life goes? I am very grateful that I can stay home and take care of my kids and hopefully we can reschedule some of our playdates for another time.

1 comment:

Lemon said...

I love that Jer and Price "forgot" the details of the party, such a boy thing.
Poor little Pricer, I hope he gets better soon and doesn't pass it on to Brynlee and Kylee.
We are so excited to see you guys; do you want clothes for Kylee too or just Brynlee?