Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daylight Savings

I am a big fan of Daylight Savings time. I love having more light at night and being able to stay outside longer in the summer. I am not a fan of "Springing Forward" and losing an hour of sleep, especially when we have 9 am church. It's no secret that I am not a morning person so any reason to have to get up early is dreaded.

But since Sunday and losing an hour my kids have been sleeping great. For the past 2 days they haven't gotten up until 8. Normally they get up at 6 or 6:30 and of course I go back to bed after I turn on Noggin for them. I don't know if it's because it's dark in the morning or what, but it has been great and I'm not complaining.

Here's to daylight savings and me getting a little more sleep in the morning....

2 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I HATE daylight savings in the beginning! It is great after a while though. I am glad that the kids are sleeping better.

D Lee said...

I don't like FORGETTING the time change. Andy and I were having a great morning. I was about to start breakfast and finish pulling together my lesson. Andy was going to be on time for his meeting.

THEN SHOCK & HORROR set in. We realized that we hadn't changed our clocks and we had 45 minutes to WAKE UP the kids, feed them, dress them, pull together the lesson materials (okay, that didn't get finished), and hop into the car. I was so ashamed walking in so terribly late and jumping into the signing hot seat!!!