Sunday, March 29, 2009

We survived!

We've been MIA this week. We were down in Kansas City watching my brother's kids while he and his wife were job hunting in New Mexico. They have 5 kids ranging in ages from 7 to 12. It went good. They are such good kids and they are all in school so it was that much easier. The oldest 2 are twins and have to catch their bus at 6:45 so they get themselves up and off and I didn't even have to wake up (wahoo!) The other 3 get themselves up, the 2 youngest just need help with their hair. So overall it was pretty easy. They did try to get out of their jobs and practicing their music, but who wouldn't if their parents weren't around.

We had a great time. My kids love their cousins. All day they would keep saying "Where's Tyson?". He's the oldest grandson (only boy in his family) and pretty much the coolest thing every according to Price. It was nice too when the kids came home they would take Price and Brynlee to the park. So I could get a break too.

If you know my brother you know that he LOVES the outdoors and especially hunting. He has next to his bed a beaver pelt rug which kinda gave me the heebies. I just couldn't bring myself to step on it at all. And then he has a coyote skin hanging on the wall of their room (he has the sweetest, most understanding wife ever!) which at night would creep me out, but he does love that kind of stuff and I did catch up on my reading of Hunter Digest while I was there.

I left early Saturday so I would make it home before the big storm (which I did) but my brother didn't. So they are delayed in Albuquerque until Monday. So needless to say I feel like the worst sister ever for abandoning the kids. I guess this means they'll never ask me to babysit again, but maybe that was all part of my plan.....

No comments: