Saturday, March 7, 2009

Movie Pick

I don't know about you, but I sure get sick of all the crappy movies that are around lately. It seems like there are a plethora of horror movies or others that don't look all that great. I hate it especially when previews come on TV and I have to change the channel because they are too violent or crap filled.

So it's nice to find a movie that the whole family can watch (that isn't a cartoon) and that's entertaining. Last night we watched 'Fireproof' and I highly recommend it. It has Kirk Cameron (who didn't love him in Growing Pains?) and was so good. Two thumbs up!
It's from the same people who did 'Facing the Giants' (another good one to check out-we have it if you want to borrow it). We got Fireproof at Hollwood Video, but the Facing the Giants we bought at the Christian bookstore down by Wal-mart. They are made by this church in Georgia and I think all the people (minus Kirk of course) who play in them are people from their church. I know it sounds like the making of a bad seminary movie, but they really are good.

Thanks to Jessaca for the suggestion! We loved it!

1 comment:

alicia said...

Had a great message, but I kept falling asleep throughout... maybe I should try watching it when I'm not so tired. My mom and I watched it together when she was here. We both agreed the acting was pretty bad, all except for Cameron's. It would be nice to have more wholesome choices though. We took the kids to Coraline yesterday and I couldn't believe one scene and of course the use of the lord's name in vain. Most of PGs seem to be like that these days.