Sunday, February 15, 2009

Busy week

I admit, I've been somewhat lazy this week and haven't posted, but I have good reasons. The main one being that I'm pregnant. Wahoo, big excitement I know. You're probably thinking "already, so soon". That seems to be the reaction that we get from most people we've told. So yes the Hodsons are doing their best to multiply and replenish the earth, at least to the extent that we will have 3 kids now. So that's the big news, plus I feel like I'm already showing so thus explains my largeness or at least my delusions of it.

So in between my feeling crappy and not getting much done this is what we've been up to this week:
Price always wants me to do his hair in a faux hawk (who knows where he heard that). But his hair is too short, so this was my attempt to give him his desired hairdo. I remember when I was little I always wanted my mom to do my hair in a side pony-tail (I know totally 80's) but she never would so I've decided as long as it's not too crazy I'll give my kids the hair-dos they want.
I love getting care packages! They are so fun and always full of surprises. Luckily I married into a family that is known for sending the best care packages ever. We got a Valentine's one this week and it did not disappoint. The kids got some candy and toys and I got the second season of Psych on DVD (thus explains my being too busy to post). Grandma H. made this cute hat for Brynlee and she's been wearing it constantly since. So thank you Artice and Jami for thinking of us, we love it!!
We had a pretty good Valentine's Day. Jer's not much of a plan ahead kind of guy, but he did pull out a great day. I got him some new dress shoes since his old ones were practically falling apart. Then we went to lunch at the Red Lobster (I sure do love their coconut shrimp). Then Jer took the kids home for naps and I had a massage. This is totally my favorite thing. It is so relaxing and I wish I could do it more often. I went to this place called Oasis (I think it's new), but the lady did a great job. She's also an esthetician so she did the best massage on my head and face. So for you locals you must go there, I even have a referral card that will get you $10 off if you would like. Overall I great Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

alicia said...

Congrats, I had no idea! Sounds like you had a much nicer valentines than me, but there's always next year. Right?

Kylee said...

Congrats again on the baby! I was going to tell you when I told Kort she was obviously thinking, "Already, so soon?", but her reply was, "At least they have insanely cute kids." And I'm certain your largeness is all in your head. At least so far. :)

Price is a babe with the faux hawk. I love that he is the one asking for it. And I'm glad you will let him do it. (Why wouldn't Nance let you have side ponies, anyway? As if they weren't cute or something?)

Jess said...

I'm with Kylee, what's wrong with the side pony? I know I wore one, and I am pretty sure it wasn't even my idea :) You are a good mom.....congrats on #3. That is super exciting!!!
I was just talking to my mom the other day about all the fun we used to have with Carson and Neil Orson...those were sure the good ole' days! Hope you get feeling better!!!

Becky said...

Congrats on #3! We are excited for you guys :)

Hall Family said...

okay, I am SOOOO Behind!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! Although, now i'm feeling like i'm being left out! haha (Everyone seems to be pregnant except me!) What a fun valentine package too! I love that Price knows what a Faux hawk is...I didn't know what it was until right before we came to Iowa...haha our previous bishop sported one.