Thursday, February 26, 2009

Perfect Day

Yesterday was the perfect day for this time of year. The sun was shining and it was in the 50's. So the kids and I took advantage and went to the park in the afternoon and for a walk. It's so nice to get outside, I've been cooped inside way too long. But of course today is rainy and gross. It's only 3 in the afternoon, but we need the lights on since it is so dark outside. Normally I love rain/thunderstorms, but last summer this tree in our front yard got hit by lightning. During the winter all these cracks started showing on the tree. So now I'm paranoid that it is going to fall on our house. We need to have someone come look at it and soon!! (such is the story with the Hodsons-we have the best of intention, but they just don't seem to happen most of the time).

Price had swimming lessons yesterday and shrieked the whole time. Apparantly he doesn't like to get his face wet...So I bribed him to not cry anymore if he got some goggles. They are Spiderman and they haven't left him since we got them.

Doesn't Brynlee look so excited? She hates water even more than her brother. Luckily she has a few years until she's in swimming lessons.

1 comment:

alicia said...

Welcome to my world. I've never met two kids more afraid of the water than my two. Connor didn't even want baths as a baby. I was shocked that he was able to get baptized. It was only after lots and lots of lessons and 2 years with the swim pass that he got a little more comfortable. He still doesn't put his face in the water when he showers. It's still a work in progress and he's 9. Good luck!!