Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day and More

Summer is going a lot smoother now that we have a plan and some activities.  The kids are staying busy with their Summer Enrichment that we go to a few times a week, swimming, playing and just generally being wild.

Last Saturday we had a "lazy day".  Well, I did.  Jeremy had a boy from the ward over who is trying to earn money for Scout Camp.  They cleaned under the deck, the garage, the cars.  It kept the kids entertained and outside and now Jeremy is back to most of his usual duties.  Luckily for him it's been hot and dry so the grass isn't growing so he hasn't had to mow yet.

Father's Day was a great day.  We had waffles for breakfast with some Strawberry Chia Jam the kids made at Summer Enrichment.  It was pretty good, not too sweet.  I guess Chia seeds are the new health food craze.  They were just like raspberry seeds so I didn't mind them.  We got Jeremy a new electric shaver, a white dress shirt (he now insists on the "fitted" ones) and a work out shirt.  More than he was expecting, but probably not enough to show him how much we appreciate him.  At church they had the usual Primary song by the kids, but then all the Priesthood holders went and sang.  It was sooo good.  Hopefully this is a tradition that they continue next year.  The sounded awesome.

This week has been a little slower.  I haven't been feeling all that great lately.  I have a dr. appt later this week that will hopefully shed some light on why I've been so lethargic (and no, I am not pregnant).  I've also had some (a lot!) of pain in my right shoulder and down my arm.  Who knows why that is hurting, but it's slowly getting better.  I guess now that I'm in my 30s I'm just falling apart.  Luckily Jeremy is back to feeling good so he can take over for me.  His knee looks really good and he's feeling good too.  At first his scar was looking really gross, but the Physical Therapist put some steri strips on it and helped close it up better so now it isn't too bad looking.  Plus he's able to do more and doesn't wear his brace all the time.

Today we went to collect some of our awards from the different reading programs we're doing.  Later this week we'll get to go have some free meals out (wahoo!).  We went to the library and heard a storyteller tell some of Grimms Fairy Tales.  He told ones I've never heard and he did a great job.  He had me interested and laughing.  And I learned that being a storyteller is actually a profession, how lucrative I don't know but somehow he makes it.  Maybe his wife is that bread winner.

Price's birthday is tomorrow.  He has been so excited for last few weeks; it's all he talks about.  Earlier this week he sneakily went and put a note in our neighbor's mailbox.  I caught him over there checking to see if they got it.  When I asked him what he wrote he said he "forgot".  Last night we had a 4 hour power outage (only our side of the street) and I got a text from said neighbor.  She said she got a note in her mailbox about Price's birthday and asked what Star Wars DS game Price wanted.  He was so busted.  Finally after getting caught he confessed that he put a "birthday wish list" in the letter too them.  I wasn't so mad about him begging for presents (that was more embarassing) than I was him lying about it.  Crazy kid.  But he apologized and wrote me the cutest note that said. "Do you forgive me.  Circle one Yes or No".  How can I be mad at a kid who is so darn cute.  Hopefully the neighbs don't buy him a present, but he may get it taken away before he gets to play it.  Hopefully  he can learn the important of honesty and that greediness will get him no where.

No comments: