Saturday, April 28, 2012
Girls Weekend
Jeremy's Grandpa Gerber passed away earlier this week. He will be greatly missed. He is a great man. Jeremy always went to him when he needed a blessing or a question about spiritual things. He was a great example to us on how to live our lives.
The kids love going to their house in St. George. Grandpa had a motorized scooter that he let the kids drive and he always had some little toy to give them. They also have a candy dish that the kids think looks like the Liahona.
Jeremy rented a car and he and Price drove out to Utah yesterday. I drove him to pick up his car and nearly fell on the floor laughing when I saw it. He got a little Fiat (think Luigi from Cars; or what Europeans drive). It was tiny, but nice and sporty. But it got them there and this morning when I called Jeremy he wasn busy eating breakfast with my parents and didn't want to talk. So things must be going good.
So the girls and I are home alone. What are we to do? Why not go to the local home improvement store and look around. I got some paint so I could touch up the kitchen and the back stairwell. I did great matching the colors and am glad to have a couple of items marked off my to do list.
Brace yourselves for this next one....I have also been crafting. I know, what has come over me. I'm not usually a crafter. But I saw this saying in a SkyMall magazine back in Dec. and knew that I wanted to make it into a sign for Price's room. The grand total spent on this project was around $3. I had to buy the brackets for the back so I can hang it up. But other than that I used stuff that I found around the house. Aren't I the thrifty DIYer?
Last night we went to the mall. A family in the ward had a scavenger hunt for a few other families. It was so fun and it was nice to get out while the boys are gone. I love when other people plan fun activities. I like doing fun stuff like that, but I'm not creative enough to think it up.
Today I taught Body Pump. It went a lot better than last time. People were friendly and I had a lot more confidence in my abilites. Now the girls and I are just hanging out having a lazy day around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment