I have decided that I need to write a book on how to strengthen your marriage. My theory is based on the fact that if you can survive 3 situations you can survive anything in your marriage. These situations would be 1) A long road trip with the family. If you can survived multiple days in the car and not want to jump out while the car is moving you're good to go. 2) Living with or having extended family live with you. If you've ever been in this situation you know what I'm talking about. Your spouse may have "quirks" but when you are surrounded by his family it is just plain crazy annoyances. And you will daily contemplate if living at the homeless shelter will be an improvement over your current situation. 3) Home improvement projects. If you both survive with minimial swearing and no one has a screwdriver through the eye you can make it through anything.
So Jeremy and I took on situation #3 tonight. If you've ever been to our house you know how crappy our old faucet was. Every time Jeremy's mom came to visit she could never get the hang of how it worked. So we finally broke down and bought a new one. It helped that Jeremy got a Lowe's gift certificate for his birthday, but we finally went and picked a new faucet out.
We got it installed and have all the leaks taken care of. And another plus is that under the sink gets a good cleaning out. I also learned that all those times making snakes in pottery class really is useful. I had to use some plumbers putty and the snake rolling experience came in quite handy.
So you can come admire our new faucet and I can add amateur plumbing to my ever expanding list of skills.
3 comments:
GIRL! You rock!
You're my inspiration and my source for comedy. Thanks for the marriage laugh. And Congrats on the new job skill that you have.
Ba ha ha. Minimal swearing. You are hilarious!! This made my day. I guess our marriage will last! Thank goodness!
Post a Comment