The art museum was pretty cool. It was nice to be able to go and look and to not have to shush kids or hurry through because they are causing a ruckus. I could just look and enjoy. Jeremy was patient too, it really wasn't too exciting for him, but he stuck it out for me.
Then we headed over to the zoo. Our tour guide from the day before claimed that it was the #1 zoo in the U.S. So we had to check it out to see if he was right.
The grizzly bear was just chillin with his arm and leg resting up in the air.

This chimp was so cute. He was right at the glass looking straight at you. A little boy in a stroller was there, but he kept looking at Jer. The mom said "You're looking at the wrong monkey". I don't think Jeremy found that to be funny.

After the zoo we headed over to The Boathouse for lunch. You eat right out by the dock of this lake. And if you have a dog they can come with you. They even have bowls and snacks for the dogs. After lunch we rented a paddle boat and went exploring. The lake wrapped around most of the park and we had a fun time. Although I found it easier to paddle by myself. Jer likes to paddle fast and I've found it works better if you go slower. So we each took turns while the other person rested. It was so fun and one of those things we never would have done with the kids. Or if we did we'd be worried about them falling in or rocking the boat.
The next stop was the Cathedral Basillica of St. Louis. Our tour guide said it was a must see so we decided to go. It took 80 years to build and all the ceiling are covered in mosaic tiles. My description and this bad picture don't do it justice. One of the most amazing buildings I've ever seen. The ceilings have all sorts of pictures on them, they look like amazing paintings. But to know they are all tile is even more incredible. I could have spent hours there, but it does give you a crick in your neck after awhile.

That night we went over to Union Station. We heard it was a cool place and had some things to see. It was a huge bust. There were a few shops, but not much. So my suggestion is to skip this place. It had a bus stop by it so a lot of people were loitering about and it wasn't all that exciting.

Overall a great, relaxing time. It was great to get away, but it sure is nice to be back home. I will just have to remember our leisurely time when the kiddos are driving me crazy and I'm in need of a vacay.
In other happenings. Yesterday we got a new bed for Price. So his old bed went to Brynlee and Kylee is out of her crib and into a toddler bed. I'm going to miss being able to put her in her crib and know that she won't get out, but she was getting too big for it and Brynlee was getting too big for the toddler bed. Kylee was still up last night after I got home from the Relief Society Broadcast, but once I tucked her in she fell right to sleep and stayed in there the whole night. Hopefully it won't be too hard of a transition for the both of us.
.jpg)
1 comment:
I am so happy for you two that you were able to get away!
Mike and I have done paddle boats for a date thinking it would be a blast but, it ended up being a huge workout and we had to take turns to get breaks, lol.
Hope the new bed situation is working out okay.
Post a Comment