Price had t-ball this week. It didn't get rained out, but it was soggy walking over to the field. I'll have to get a pic of him playing tomorrow. He seems to have a good time and it sure is entertaining to watch.
Jeremy was working down in Burlington this week and I got sick of staying home with the kids so on Thursday we ventured out and about. We ate dinner at Carlos O'Kelly's and thanks to the Library's summer reading program the kids ate for free. Then we headed down to Ellis park to watch the Five Seasons Ski Team Show. The waterskiing was really good. They opened up with a big pyramid which was really fun to watch. It scared Brynlee though. She kept saying that she didn't want to go on the pyramid and was a little freaked out. I reassured her that we were just watching not participating and she was ok with that. They had an announcer and he was doing a skit in between the skiing to make it all flow and fill the time. But the poor guy wasn't getting many laughs. There were a lot of people there and quite often he would get no laughs. You could hear the crickets it was that bad. I felt bad and tried to give him some pity laughs, but I didn't want to look too weird.
We were sitting on the bleachers and didn't want to cause a scene or we might have left before the whole show was over. I don't think he should plan on a future in comedy that is for sure.
What surprised me the most is how little that girl is on top of the pyramid. She had to be only 7 or 8. I think my heart would fail if that was my little girl out there. But then again maybe her mom was out there skiing too, there were a few that looked like moms.
On Saturday I went and worked on restoring the nativity scene again. I think it's going to look great when it's all done and I'm getting excited to see it. I was cleaning the back of the camel (full of flood rot, yuck!)and I guess they used the plaster mixed with horse hair. I could definitely smell the horse; took me back to the days of my youth. I also got to paint a little which was far more exciting than scraping off lead paint.
The kids went and saw Toy Story 3 with our friends Cody and Joe. Maybe they wanted us to come too, but it didn't work out so they took the kids without us. The kids had a lot of fun and ever since Price has been working on this creation in his room.

I'm sure it's something from the movie, but I have no idea and now I don't have to watch it. But I'm sure eventually I will.
About 5 minutes after this was taken Price broke his Field of Dreams snow globe because he was trying to get his piggy bank down. In the words of Jeff Foxworthy "we just can't have nice things". So I guess now we'll have to find a reason to venture out to Dyersville again to replace it. I'm sure Price would love to go now that he's older.
I'd like to say that today was nice and relaxing, but it wasn't. Jeremy didn't have any meetings this morning and normally I would say this is a good thing. But he messes up our routine. He kept making phone calls during quiet time and I'm just not used to having him home in the morning so it threw everything out of whack.
I had to lead the music in Primary which was ok, but I always think that I do a sub-par job. But then again it's only Primary I doubt anyone noticed.
Now the kids are in bed and Jeremy is off home teaching so maybe now I can get my sought after quiet time.
.jpg)
2 comments:
I'm actually shocked how many pool days we fit in even with the rainy days. Sounds like a busy week and like maybe you need to chat with hubs about morning rules. Haha.
I always love your Foxworthy references!
Post a Comment