Spring must be on its way. My allergies are kicking in today. I'm sure it doesn't help that I've been scouring the house kicking up and getting rid of dust.
This week we've been trying to enjoy the weather and time together. On Monday we went for a walk. We walked down to the Casey's to get doughnuts and a slush (wahoo, big fun!). It reminded me of when I was little and the big thrill was to go to the 7-11 and get Slurpees. Ahh the memories.
On our way back we went by and saw where they are tearing down all the flooded houses. They are planning on tearing down 30 a week. It'll be weird to see it in a few months when they are all gone. Hopefully they'll do something fun with all that green space.
On Tuesday we had some friends over to play. The kids played great and it was nice to have a moment to myself. But from there the day just went downhill. Neither of the girls would take a nap so of course at about 5 they were both tired and I was frazzled. Jeremy was off somewhere, hometeaching I think. So I was on my own with the wild ones. Luckily they went to sleep without too much trouble, but I need them to take naps otherwise I go a little crazy.
On Wednesday things went a little better. We went to the YMCA and then to the library. And of course I am still dealing with the whole lost book debacle. I haved scoured the house and it is nowhere to be found. Which just confirms my suspicions that I in fact did return it in the first place.
This morning the kids are playing hide and seek. Brynlee is counting and it goes something like "eleven, twenty-five, fourteen". She gets one thru 10 right, but after that it's a random mess of numbers. Too cute. She actually counts better than Price.
I think this week has been so rough because we've been out of our routine. Which can be nice, but then I don't get up and get things done like I should. So I guess it's spring break for me too. So much for my push to get spring cleaning done this week. It'll just have to wait until April.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
They are finally tearing them down? Hallelujah! They are just nasty. Can't wait.
Glad you are surviving spring break. I have to admit it is so much nicer now that they are older. They mostly entertain themselves, but we've had fun together. It's been pretty good, but I feel a little guilty saying that after reading about your week. I guess it isn't over yet though.
I think lowering my expectations has been good too.
So, are you still mey visiting teacher? I got a card in the mail from Sis Turner yesterday saying that she was. Either way, you're welcome to come visit next week.
I work tues and thurs.
I know I'm curious about the tear down too! Alan will be in town next week (wish we were coming too) I guess he'll tell me all the happenings going on. :) One place that is notorious for *lost books* at my house---down the side of the kids bed. I let them read in bed during nap and so sometimes I let them take library books---and that's where my *lost library books* have been when I've been sure I returned them. I hope it gets cleared up sooN! I'm sure the library has it somewhere though!
Post a Comment