Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter eggs and dresses

Spring break is finally over and I'm kinda relieved. I don't know what it was about last week but I felt like I was a beat off the whole week. Hopefully I can get back into the groove this week and get some things done.
Since next week is Conference I decided to put the girls in their Easter dresses a week early. My mom found these cute hats for them and we found a cute dress to match Brynlee's. Poor Kylee has to wear the hand-me-down dress from Bryn, but it's still cute and went perfectly with her hat.
This is of course the pre-church picture. Jeremy kept thwarting my efforts to have a cute baby. He kept pushing her hat back and eventually just took it off of her. The kicker was when he brought her to me in Primary 20 minutes early (he keeps her during Sunday School then I get her the last hour of church) because she was being fussy! "Well how about I bring the kids to you at work when they are bugging me?" He wouldn't make it one day in my shoes. Luckily my friend Indhi watched her while I did music time (not my regular calling, just filling in. And boy do I sound like a wounded duck when I sing).

Brynlee looked so adorable, but the hat didn't hold up to all the fun in nursery. She was a wild haired girl when I came to pick her up. But at least I got a cute picture before. The post church picture would have been pretty pathetic.

We decorated some eggs this week too. We did them with markers. Messy yet not as bad as dipping them in the dye. The kids hands did get messy, but I didn't have to clean spilled dye up off the floor and table. Plus we had a great time doing it. One egg looked like Jeremy, but it doesn't really show in the picture.

One high point of the week was getting to play 'Apples to Apples' on Saturday night with some friends. I love that game, but Jeremy hates it since it's "too subjective". But he was tied for first, so hopefully he'll play it a little more often now.

5 comments:

alicia said...

Forgot to tell you I loved that little hat... too cute! Men, what do they know?

Also, great idea with the eggs, although I'm undecided whether I may just scrap that tradition all together. Kids love the candy filled ones more.

alicia said...

P.S. Some of your photos are showing up. May just be my computer though.

Kylee said...

Cutest stinkin' girls ever! I love them! And I love the eggs. Markers are a good idea. Did they happen to be scented?

Rand and Tracy said...

Rand also hates that game for very similar reasons. But I LOVE it!!!!!

Hall Family said...

I love the pictures of the girls!! So adorable!! :)