We still ate most of the same things we would have if we had gone to my sister's. We had baked french toast for breakfast; Appetizers like chocolate chip cheeseball, little smokies, and veggies. For dinner we had all the usuals like sweet potatoes (my sister-in-law's recipe, it's more like a dessert than a side dish), green bean casserole, orange jell-o salad, etc. It was great and we have loads of leftover turkey.
We had the Elders over too. For them both it was their first Thanksgiving away from home. It was also my first time cooking a turkey. It was a day full of firsts for us.
We had a nice dinner and it was nice to just chill and not have anywhere we had to be, but it just wasn't the same as being with the Williams. It felt more like Sunday dinner than Thanksgiving. Next year we will definitely make the trek to Indiana, whether we are invited back or not.



On Friday I woke up early (ok, I was already up from feeding Kylee) and went shopping. I avoided Wal-mart and Kohl's (the 2 worst places to go on black Friday) so I had a good time and enjoyed some alone time. Too bad it was at 5 am or I would do it more often. I did get some good deals so I'm glad I went. I got Price a Woody doll for less than 1/2 price (it's the one thing he has specifically asked for) and Jeremy some dress shirts for $13 (normally $35). I figured I saved over $80 on what I bought. So it was worth getting up in the dark and cold.
We bought an artificial tree this year. K-mart had a sale and the tree looked pretty good. I do love having a real tree, but this will be easier and then we can have it up longer too. So far the kids have only broken 2 ornaments. I sure hope we have some left for Christmas.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment